Friday, March 16, 2012

Week two-Finished!

I've just completed my second week at Crossfit Tyler. I can not say anything other than I am SO thankful for this program and the people who run it, Amy & Brad. They are so encouraging and both push you further than you think you can go, which in my case, is a good thing because I like to quit things, that I feel I'm not good at, relatively fast. This week I started out feeling pretty discouraged because I am feeling rather run down because I have been on the constant 'go' for the past few weeks. Although, it has definitely been great for me because, I am being productive with my time and I am learning discipline, but I really need to find time to rest this weekend. I have improved on my jumprope skills, my squats are getting a little better and I actually enjoy rowing. Despite my feeling discouraged and tired this week, God still gave me the strength and motivation to go all five days. I was also blessed with a handful of amazing friends to share in this journey with; My friends Aaron Wesson, Brooke Landrum and I all completed a WOD together on Tuesday, Thursday Brooke brought her husband Jonah and one of my best friends, Bethany Fauss joined us and we did some strength building, and (today) Friday, my friends Zane Callister (from KC, MO) and Carissa Dunlap killed the insane WOD we had. All in all, God sent the right people alongside to help motivate me in the right direction.
I am trying not to focus too much on how much weight I am dropping because I know myself and I do not want to become obsessive, but I am noticing a difference in my body. Aside from being sore every single day, I can see different places where my weight seems to be shifting. People make comments on my weight loss at least once a day and it is motivating to continue chasing after this goal, but most importantly, I am just so stoked that I'm starting to physically feel better. One thing I have not mentioned too much about is the fact that I was experiencing terrifying anxiety attacks in the past months. I had been in and out of the local emergency room 4 times and every time the doctor would give me a different diagnosis. I finally ended up seeing this natural doctor who put me on some supplements and changed my diet drastically and he said that would help, but God really burdened my heart for something more. Since I started Crossfit and changed my diet, I did not really notice too much of a change in my mental health, but as of recently I am beginning to notice the difference. I give God the glory for all of this because He is giving me the strength to be disciplined and He is the one using these things to help me wage war and fight the battles of mental and physical health.
I am really excited to start week 3 and I hope this upcoming week I can go at it harder than before and really give my everything.

Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him."



No comments:

Post a Comment