Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 4-6, finished and in the books.

Hi there friends. Life seems to have been insanely busy these past few weeks and I haven't had too much time to just sit, take a deep breath and pour out my heart and thoughts to this here blog. So, let's go back to week four. The week started out kind of lame because I found out Sunday morning that my grandfather (Dads father) passed away. Honestly, it was hard on me for multiple reasons but the main one being the fact that I never allowed myself to get close to him as an adult. I have just tried to kind of look past anything to do with my dad and that includes his side of the family. Which is WRONG. Do not do that. If you have issues with one of your parents, do not, I repeat, do not, miss out on an opportunity to love on the rest of the family. In fact, which I'm getting ready to do, take time to make amends and forgive that member of the family and restore relationships. So, since my grandpa passed away, I missed crossfit on Monday because I had the visitation that night.
Tuesday came and it was an intense work out and my first time to do burpees. I am in no way, a fan of burpees, let's just throw that out there. I ended up knocking the wind out of myself twice and then I started having an anxiety attack because I couldn't catch my breath. Amy was there to encourage me, but I just felt overwhelmed and started to cry. So yes, ladies and gents, this was my first official cry during working out. I felt so stinking defeated.
The next day, which was Wednesday, I had an incredible work out where I got my butt kicked. 50 jump ropes, 50 sit ups, 200 meter run, 40 jump ropes, 40 sit ups, 200 meter run... down to 10, 10 and a run. If you get what I'm putting down, you're understanding that it was exhausting. I felt so stoked that I was actually able to finish the WOD. After I left the box, I was heading to bible study, I had the craziest (and scariest) thing happen to me while I was driving. In my right eye, I started seeing zig zag lines and I would close my eyes in hopes that it would go away and then it moved into both of my eyes. As you image, this was so scary because I was driving, but I tried to keep my cool and just assumed that it was anxiety, since I had been plagued with it for the past few months. So, I prayed, and rebuked it (oh yeah, imagine a girl praying out loud and taking authority over something in the name of Jesus, as she's driving...) people probably thought I was crazy. I had peace about it, but it was worsening more and more and I started seeing rainbows and kaleidoscopes in my eyes and well, I had the thought that I was a) on acid (haha I'm a bit ridiculous sometimes) or b) having a stroke or something. So, I called my friends and went to their home and laid on the couch and said what I was feeling. This wasn't like other times of panic and anxiety because this time, I was pretty calm, just wondering what the heck was wrong with me. So, we ended up going to the hospital and we sat in the parking-lot praying that it would go away and it did, so we ended up driving back to their home and I stayed for awhile and rested. For the next few hours, I had the worst throbbing headache, was totally weak, and I was nauseated for the rest of the evening. Talk about over exertion?!? I have no idea what that REALLY was, but after talking to a few people, it could have been an aura migraine or something along those lines. I'm open to someone telling me what it is, so if any of you have any ideas, let me know.
Well, anyway, Thursday came along and I did not want to go because I had a fear of that happening again, so I stayed home and rested. The entire evening I was kicking myself because I really wanted to be there, but the rest was really great. I had awesome quiet time with the Lord and nothing beats that. I went Friday to the box and had an amazing work out and finished on a good note. Those are the days you feel accomplished.
Week five, I went every day but Wednesday night because I had a bible study and a meeting after. I don't have much to say about that week, except my friend Marisa joined Crossfit with me, so it has been great having her there to work out with. Oh yeah and it has been rather awesome having the man who was going to do my weight loss surgery, at my box, cheering me on! Kind of funny if you ask me.
Week six, is what I've just completed. I went Monday, Tuesday, & Friday. I've decided that I'm not going to go on Wednesdays anymore because of bible study and I don't want to feel rushed leaving Crossfit at 545 and getting all the way across town by 6. At first I was so worried of what everyone would think about me missing a day of working out and that people would judge me, but then I realized how silly that is. As long as I'm being active and going 3 or more days, then I'm doing something. That has been my goal all along. Plus, I don't need to worry about what everyone else thinks. (Conviction)
I've been doing a lot of praying this week about working out and making sure my motives are pure and that I stay focused on Christ. Anything that is put above God is an idol and I don't want my health to become an idol, but I do want to create change in my life and be a better steward of the life I've been given. With that being said, I've noticed that I'm praying a lot more during the work outs and that has been so helpful. God has been giving me the strength I need to finish them and to finish strong. This week, I made little goals for myself during the WODs and on every single one of them, I exceeded my personal goal, so it felt so great to even do that. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I was. I have went down an overall 11 inches in various places and I feel great. Today, I did unanchored sit-ups and jogged my first 400 meter straight for the first time. It was super exciting to see my endurance go up. It is so crazy to me how far I've come and I honestly cannot believe where I'm at today. It just took me getting off my behind and doing something about it. God can really light our behinds on fire when He wants to and I believe that is what He did to me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
The next few weeks will be crazy because SKAD is doing a lot of fundraising for Warped Tour, so hopefully I'll be able to set aside the time to write these. I really hope you guys are encouraged in reading what the Lord lays on my heart to share. He has been really sweet to me and how often I forget.. That drives me crazy, because we need to remember His goodness every day. He loves us so much and the more we focus on our junk, the more we miss the good stuff. So, I'm trying to have a heart of praise, even through the storm, I suggest you do the same. He has been showing his sweet mercies to me this past week. Last night we had an amazing SKAD Community Night and I had the most amazing opportunity to share the testimony of Christ in my life, with two of our newer SKAD kids and I really feel that they were touched. God is constantly working, even if we think He has forgotten about us.
Until next time, Be blessed and put your words/thoughts into action!

This is me from week one, to week six. Feeling pretty excited about this transformation. It is not only happening on the outside, but believe me when I say it's happening on the inside as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment