Sunday, September 23, 2012

I feel like I'm starting over.

Hey friends, it has been too long since I've updated my blog. I've taken a few months off from Crossfit because I was on tour this summer. I was gone from mid June till August and boy do I feel like I've been slacking since I've gotten back home. This summer my goal was to Crossfit 3 times a week and let me tell you, I didn't do it once! Between the late night drives, lack of sleep, and being in the heat all day every day, I didn't want to work out. Good news is, I didn't gain anymore weight, but I did lose some more. I kept up with my healthy/clean eating fairly well considering I was on the road and it was hard to travel with good food, but by golly, I did it. Since I've been back, I've been trying to get back in the swing of things and spending a lot of time with the Lord and asking for guidance and direction. The last thing on my mind was Crossfit, considering that my lease was almost up, I didn't feel led to go back to work, so I could purse ministry full time, and some other things. However, I miss it so much and now it's time to get back to business. Over the past few weeks, I've been making up my own work outs to do at home and it has made me so excited that I've even been disciplined to do that, but it's just not the same. Crossfit Tyler has the best community around and I have to get back in my box. I have recently taken up jogging, because once I lose 100 pounds, I want to run a half marathon. Well, I know I've lost a little over 60 (not just from Crossfit, but overall since I started losing weight), so I still have a little bit more to go. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, so I'll get back to you with that in a few days. I haven't chosen a date for my half, because I'm so terrified of it, but I definitely want to start training for it now. I'm about to have to invest in some good running shoes and some proper work out attire. I feel torn about that though, since it's not an expense that I have to have. I'm one of those cheap people that doesn't like to spend money on clothes very often (unless it's goodwill or the occasional ross stop) and I am pretty sure without me working at Starbucks, that won't change. I'm praying about what I'm supposed to do and I do not have peace about going back there, but the money sounds nice, but disobedience doesn't. So, I'm praying and asking the Lord to reveal to me what my 'tent-making' is, so I can have some money coming in on the side. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Anyway, I'm posting this blog update so I can have the accountability to get back into the box with my Crossfit fam. I talked my cousin into joining too, so hopefully this will motivate both of us to get in there together. I feel like I'm starting completely over at the whole strength thing, so I'm trying not to be discouraged here. I know it'll all be worth it though and I thank the Lord for the opportunity to be healthy enough to do it. Thanks for always being encouraging my friends!


On the left was when I first started Crossfit in March.
The left is when I visited the box when I came back from tour,
in mid August.


The day my cousin joined!


No comments:

Post a Comment